10 years back, Facebook was in its infancy, Twitter was under construction and very few have iPhones. So in that different place, we have a different workplace. Today there are many jobs and occupations which we had never heard a decade ago. There will be an estimation suggests 65% of kids entering primary school today will ultimately end up working in completely new workplaces and types that we never heard of.
In this blog, we have a list of 5 jobs that didn’t exist 10 years ago
- Mobile Application Developer: Apple launched iPhone in the year 2007 and Android by Google shortly after. Now half of the adult population have a smartphone. With this there is a great need of mobile app related to different categories: In July 2015, Android’s Google Play and Apple’s App Store had 1.6 million and 1.5 million apps respectively. As a result, there is a booming market for app developers.
- Social Media Marketing Manager: 10 years we don’t have any giant Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and many more that have a huge user base. Today Facebook has 2.2 billion monthly active users. Photo sharing app Instagram has 813 million active users and microblogging website Twitter acquired 330 active monthly users. So companies need social media manager that helps to promote brands and sell products or services.
- Uber Driver: Do you know Uber has started its operation in the U.S. from the year 2009. Originally founded in Chicago, Houston, and San Francisco and quickly spread to cities around the globe. According to Forbes Uber had given a total of 2 billion rides by 2016 and that number will skyrocket as they continue to explore fully-autonomous cars.
- Data Scientist: The whole concept of data scientist came when Harvard Business Review called it “The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century”. Analyzing large chunk of data in such a way that is useful for business organization in order to understand pattern and forecasting purposes is also known as Data science process.
- YouTube content creators: Do you know after Google, It is the largest Search Engine that processes more than 3 billion searches every month. Every minute, 100 hours of videos are uploading continuously. This makes a powerful platform for companies or marketers for branding and product promotion in a targeted manner.